Saturday, December 22, 2007

A Re-vamped Lamp Shade & Extras

Ashlee knocked over her lamp and broke the shade. I thought 'oh well' I'll just get another one. Then my new found love for sewing got the better of me and I decided I would try my hand at recovering it. It was actually a great idea as Ashlee was than able to choose the fabric she wanted for the lamp and I even had enough left over to make her a matching pillow case too!

So here is the lamp shade, recovered with (I'm not sure what it is called but it starts with 'b') a stiff fabric as a base. I'm still waiting for the glue to dry.

This the lamp shade cover that I am in the middle of sewing together. I'm just making it so it can be pulled over the top and at a later stage we can just change it if we want to.

Oh, and a photo of the lamp that it will actually go on.....

Lastly, this is the finished matching pillowcase that I made. Not to bad for a very first time and completely freehand too!

I'm pretty happy with my progress so far and hopefully I will have the lampshade finished before bed tonight. Ashlee is very happy and thinks its great that the cover can just be pulled off and changed as she feels like it!

1 yummy comments!:

Cherie said...

love the lamp shade and matching pillow case! they look great! and what a great idea- having the option to slip off the shade if you want a bit of change!

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please come again!